The Country Mansion in Dwight, Il. has established itself as one of the finer dining facilities in the area. This historic, well maintained and renovated Victorian structure, was built in 1891 and its history has qualified it for listing in the “National Registry of Historic Places”. All the remodeling has been carefully tailored to retain the building and grounds historic character and the restaurant’s reputation has been built on its scenic presentation as well as its outstanding extensive menu which commands a four star plus rating. They have a great sandwich, soup, and salad lunch menu that is available Tuesday through Friday from 11 am to 3 pm featuring a large variety of specialty and standard sandwiches along with plates and baskets designed to please just about any appetite. Their dinner menu provides choices of steaks, chops, chicken, and seafood complete with all the appropriate sides, salads, and appetizers and each entree is prepared with professional attention to quality, detail, and specified cooking requests. Dinner hours are from 4 pm to 8 pm Tuesday through Thursday and 4 pm to 9 pm on Friday and Saturday. Sunday’s brings out their famous Breakfast Buffet from 8:30 am to 10:30 am and the Brunch Buffet from 11 am to 3 pm with the regular lunch and dinner menu available from 2 pm to 6 pm. All of this is served in a comfortable casual atmosphere in a variety of the Mansion’s rooms that reflect the decor and ambiance of times long gone. Listed below are the highlights of what the Country Mansion offers its patrons in its appealing variety of services and facilities:
- The Garden Room – an expansive addition to the rear of the building, it features two walls of towering multi-paneled windows that offer a breathtaking view of the beautiful grounds and the historic “Windmill” – great for weddings, anniversaries, or any formal, or informal, gathering of 40 to 400. Customized event packages will ensure that your get together is done just the way you want it.
- Private Dining Rooms – available for your family, friends, or other special gatherings when you want the room for you and yours only.
- Entertainment – a variety of musical performances suitable for all.
- Wine and Beer Lists featuring domestic and imported labels.
- Lounge – comfortable and charismatic, two inviting fireplaces and mahogany double doors that open to a delightful al fresco dining area
- The grounds around the Mansion are well manicured complete with colorful perennial gardens, a park, bridal gazebo, the historic Wind Mill, and emerald lawns shaded by ancient trees.
The Country Mansion 101 West South St. Dwight, Il.
815-692-2345 (reservations are highly recommended for parties of six or more)
Web site – thecountrymansion.com
E-Mail – firstname.lastname@example.org
Take a look at their Facebook Page
For “anytime” dining or facilities and service for your next get together or formal event; professionals with a “down home” flair that will get it done for you and done right.