Recycling – a means by which waste materials are processed and then used to produce new materials. Glass, paper, plastic, aluminum and steel are all commonly recycled. This process is valuable in that it reduces trash in landfills and it reduces the consumption of raw materials and energy used in making the everyday things that we need.
Pontiac Recyclers is a family-owned business that was started in 1981 and is located alongside Old Route 66 across from Stoller International. Owned and operated by Mike Crouch and his two sons, Kevin and Jeremy, it is a “buy-back center” that services individual town folks, farmers, and all sizes of businesses. Clients can drop their recycling items off at the Center or, Pontiac Recyclers can also come and pick it up if need be, as well as provide roll off containers if needed.
Their service to the Public, the Farming Community, and Businesses includes taking in the following categories of recycling:
- Anything aluminum, metal items, scrap iron, copper, stainless steel, tin, sheet metal, brass (some things you might not think of are cans, sinks, silverware, aluminum siding, guttering)
- Appliances (including smaller items like fans and can openers)
- Electric Motors of any size
- Newspapers, Magazines, Cardboard
- Some other examples of things folks might not think of are, metal lawn furniture, bikes, lawn mowers, weed eaters, metal doors, screen doors
As the Crouch family will tell you, if it’s made out of some kind of metal they can recycle it.
Sorry – no TV’s or plastics
Give Pontiac Recyclers a call at 815-844-6419 with questions and see what they can do for you. Recycling is a way to make our environment and economy stronger and better while relieving you of the accumulation of things that have run their course.
Check out their web site at www.pontiacrecyclers.com or, stop out and see them at their location. Their hours of operation are:
Monday through Friday 8am to Noon & 1pm to 4pm
Saturday 8am to Noon (Closed on Sundays)